Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Got Ribs?


Well, I have been to baby shower. It was a first for many other guys there and luckily, there were no games, plenty of beer, and a diaper cake. Hosted by our good friends April and Kevin--they provided a bbq spread worthy of a throwdown.
Here is my list of notable statments made to me during the party...some I suspect are words to live by.

I have heard:

from the "experienced parents"

Your so tired, you wont feel the pain.
Stay by her head in the delivery room.
You will have never see anything worse than the first week's poo.
Gas drops are your friend.
It's worth it, I love being a Dad.
Get some latex gloves.
Good luck with that.

from the "not yet parents and singles"

They really shouldn't allow single men to go alone to Baby's R Us.
That child on the box isn't included.

No comments: